Embracing and integrating equality and diversity is fundamental to our success and growth as an institution of higher education.
The Academy of Professional Investigation is committed to equality of opportunity both as an employer and as an educational institution. Equality of opportunity means working to ensure that no student nor member of staff receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, care responsibility, HIV status, trade union activity, political or religious belief. The Academy of Professional Investigation reserves the right to add further categories to these groups.
The Academy of Professional Investigation will:
- promote good relations among its staff and students and will create conditions which contribute to the full development and potential of all its members;
- create an environment which promotes equality of opportunity in education and employment that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation of any kind;
- create a climate where staff and students are empowered to have the confidence to challenge acts and behaviour which contravene The Academy of Professional Investigation’s Equality and Diversity Policy and the law;
- respect equally all employees, students and users of its services;
- judge fairly and appropriately each applicant to a job or to a course or for promotion at The Academy of Professional Investigation;
- support appropriately and reward fairly each student and employee.
Equality and Diversity Aims
We aim to:
- set the standard within higher education for equality and diversity and be recognised as a creator and purveyor of good practice;
- be fit for purpose and meet the complex and diverse needs and aspirations of staff, students and the wider community;
- work at the cutting edge of teaching and research in regeneration, community cohesion, and social inclusion.